|Sugar Scrub in Peppermint by Amethy|
Mother nature has a cure for almost everything, and many beauty brands are keeping their ingredients list as close to the Earth as possible. Using only certified organic ingredients can be limiting, so not all brands can go that far, but you can take comfort in knowing that Sugar Scrubs by Amethy in particular is one skincare line made of organic and natural ingredients. As consumers become more conscious of ingredient lists and environmental impact, they're increasingly turning toward natural products—even within chemical-heavy beauty aisles. If you want to make the switch to organic or simply to less artificial lotions, cleansers, and creams, this particular brand is one of the best natural skincare lines in the industry. Honestly though, it’s what they don’t use that really counts: Fillers, Parabens, or additives.
I love this rich, moisturizing peppermint sugar body scrub. Unfortunately, exfoliating in the shower can take circus-like stability to avoid slipping on the layer of oil that many body scrubs leave all over the tub. That's why an excellent scrub must have great balance, too: the right ratio of skin-sloughing and moisturizing elements and an amazing fragrance that's not too strong, is energizing, and still relaxing enough to feel like you've stepped into a luxury spa. Sound like a tall order? Fortunately, Sugar Scrubs by Amethy made the cut.
The peppermint scent alone is enough to invigorate your senses especially if you try to use this sugar scrub in the morning. It kinda wakes you up and gets you ready to face the day.
I’d like to say that I was totally "blown away" by this scrub. May I warn that the product is quite oily, which mostly like because it leaves "skin soft and somewhat moisturized," while the scrub "will make you glow." And the bets part? It does not leave a 'greasy after-feel.' I’d also have to add that its "texture is gritty enough to remove all of the dead skin gently," and I guess when you get to try this, you’ll also agree that this "luxurious" product is a must-have.
- Dampen your skin in the shower OR after using your favorite soap, rinse then slightly towel dry your skin.
- Shake the tub OR Give your scrub a good stir using a wooden/plastic spoon before scooping out a generous amount on your palm. Refrain from using your [wet] hands to avoid contamination.
- You may (or may not) add a few drops of water to the scrub [on your palm] to make it smoother.
- Gently scrub your body down with it in slow circular motions, using very light to moderate pressure. DO NOT SCRUB TOO HARD, NOR TOO LONG. Take this tip: Scrub until the sugar dissolves.
- Rinse clean and enjoy the refreshing feeling!
- It is recommended to scrub 2 or 3 times a week. DO NOT OVERSCRUB.
- Body scrub only, not recommended for the face.
- Also makes a great foot scrub.
- Shelf life is 1-2 months. Amethy doesn't stock sugar scrubs. She only make them hours or one day before delivery.
Overall, I'd say that using Sugar Scrub by Amethy is one enjoyable experience. I'm so used in body salt scrubs and it's my first time to use sugar scrubs. What do I say? I'm a convert right away! I love sugar scrubs better than salt because it's finer and does not hurt the skin much when you exfoliate. Salts tend to be a bit rough and tough on skin which if not properly used may leave your skin reddish in color.
For those interested in trying Sugar Scrub by Amethy, please contact Ms. Shalene Salvatierra at her Facebook and Instagram accounts: https://www.facebook.com/
purplepieces/ and https://www. instagram.com/Amethystine/.
I can assure you, it's worth trying out. She's planning to add in more sugar scrub tub scents/flavors in the future. But so far, I highly recommend her Peppermint Sugar Scrub. Even if you're not exactly a peppermint fan, I can guarantee you'll love her scrubs. And for a tropical country like the Philippines, these peppermint sugar scrubs by Amethy are gems--they make you feel cool while inside the shower!
Disclaimer: I am not compensated for this post. Opinions expressed are 100 % my own. Product review sample was given by Sugar Scrub by Amethy for the purpose of an honest product review.