Purple Plum Fairy recently went to the open house of iACADEMY Nexus in Yakal Street, Makati City. From afar, I was pretty impressed with the aesthetic of this state-of-the-art educational facility. When I got inside the building and made a tour of its awesome facilities, I learned too that they created intermittent learning spaces that are filled with natural daylight and views of the outdoors. In fact, the design provides unobstructed views of the outdoors in more than 90 percent of the occupied spaces, an important consideration if you ask me since mutiple studies prove that students perform a lot better with natural light and outside views. I guess the people behind iACADEMY Nexus had made a research on this one before they even constructed the entire building. The spaces have a sense of relaxed vitality that comes only with a strong connection to the outdoors.
Visiting the iACADEMY Nexus made me feel like I wanted to go back to school or wished this school was available during my time. Every parent would want nothing but the best education and future for their kids. Interestingly, iACADEMY Nexus offers short courses, workshops, undergraduate programs and senior high school courses. The school provides theory-based learning and experience-based learning opportunities.
Prepare your children to not just survive but thrive in the corporate world. An iACADEMY education in these senior high school tracks will give them that advantage. These are some of the newest additions to the usual senior high school tracks being offered at other schools.
The iACADEMY Robotics Track
● Teaches fundamentals and real-world application of the Principles of Robotics. Students build and program their own robots virtually from scratch. Students may go into higher studies in robotics, computer science, programming, and engineering.
● Prepares students for careers in business processes, artificial intelligence, manufacturing, industry, and transport. Practically any job that requires a background in computers, programming, and electronics.
The iACADEMY Audio Production Track
● Audio Production today involves music, sound effects, 3D sound, augmented and virtual reality. As people prefer more experiential forms of entertainment, learning, and working, a career in Audio Production is even more viable and lucrative.
● Applies to careers in any business that entails music, entertainment, sound effects, performances, and video production.
The iACADEMY Graphic Illustration Track
● Drawing, painting, sketching are just the basics. Students eventually move on to digital graphics, 3D graphics, and augmented and virtual reality.
● Graduates of this track will thrive as animators, comic book artists, visual effects artists.
The iACADEMY App Development Track
Every gadget and computer in the world now interconnect and operate using apps. Apps are more than just social media (Facebook, Instagram) and games like Minecraft. Apps help us navigate our world and, in the future, operate our home gadgets and appliances.
● Apps deliver our food, book our hotels and trips. We work, study, play, and even repair ourselves using apps.
● Graduates will be ready to create apps, teach others to use apps, or help operate apps in corporate and educational settings.
As I toured the said campus, I made a list on why a parent like me would consider enrolling your child at iACADEMY Nexus. And why I think iACADEMY Nexus would be the best school for your child. Here's my eight reasons why:
1. They Specialize in Lucrative Courses
iACADEMY Nexus offers specialized courses in Computing, Business and Design which are all lucrative courses and are geared towards preparing the students for the highly competitive corporate world. Their programs mold their students into specialists in their field. In the process, this gives every iACADEMY Nexus student an edge and makes them truly relevant and in-demand.
2. They teach students to become a game changers
Committed to producing future game changers in the industry, iACADEMY Nexus assures that they equip their students with proper skills as well as critical thinking, communication, leadership, collaboration. These are just a few skills that one need when working with a team or in a global setting. These are life lessons that are not usually taught in universities and can only learn in the "real world." iACADEMY Nexus ensures that these skills are taught to their students to make them ready to take on real world challenges.
3. The Professors are Industry Practitioners
|Mr. Jacob Aragon, Vice President for Academics|
During the Open House, I was able to listen to the Open House speakers namely Mr. John Gregory Jose, (Lead Software Engineer and Mobile Development Expert, Novare Technologies), Ms. Des Feliciano (Creative Team Head of Leo Burnett/Blackpencil Manila), Mr. Paulo Agudelo (Sound Engineer and Musical Scorer ThirtySix O Media), and Ms. Angelyn Mercado (Underwater Robotics Researcher).
4. The campus boasts of high-tech facilities and equipment that are conducive to learning
I was in awe just touring the iACADEMY Nexus campus. With over 28,000 square meters of space, the 14-storey building has exciting facilities to offer such as a multipurpose hall that can accommodate up to 900, a mini theater that can seat 250, and an indoor running track above a basketball court. It will have a floor dedicated to computer laboratories, with Wacom drawing tablets and Cintiq computers available for aspiring artists and animators. Budding fashion designers will get to create their garments in the impressive fashion design and sewing rooms. For young photographers and filmmakers, a green room and sound room will be available for their different production needs. Check it out yourself:
The spacious Cafeteria and lounge
5. Real world training
The global scene is the iACADEMY's training place. Students are sent abroad for training to work with global companies. Most of the former students can attest that they are absorbed by the companies where they do their on-the-job-trainings. iACADEMY Nexus even said they have 96 percent hiring rate and the other remaining 4 percent goes to those students who opted to start their own business rather than be employed.
6. iACADEMY has partnered with brands and companies
iACADEMY Nexus believes that connections would help their students in landing the dream job or dream company for them after graduation. Relationship and partnership with the companies are important for iACADEMY.